Thursday, April 2, 2015

Natural Hair and Modeling

What is beautiful to me may not be beautiful to you and vice versa. More and more women are going back to their roots and the Natural hair explosion is taking over. It is not a trend, it is becoming more of a statement.
Natural Woman
What was once thought of as unattractive has hit mainstream. Many of my model friends are natural and have been for many years. They all lead successful modeling careers and this has only separated them from all the other women who lookalike. Black women who wear their hair natural are shouting from the top of their lungs that they are free and full of self-confidence. Not everyone can pull this off but many women are making the choose to give it a try. There are so many products on the market now geared to fit those who dare to make the transition.
I recently decided to give this a shot after many years of getting my hair relaxed. I'm at this point in my life and I am comfortable in the skin that I am in. My hair doesn't define who I am and so far I am off to a great start. I'm still going on auditions and life is all good.

Options
Natural hair is versatile and for me it simply means no more relaxers for me. I'm not going to wear locs, but there are many curly hair styles that I can wear or I can just simply blow dry it straight which is actually my signature look.
When deciding to make this kind of physical change I recommend you doing some research, consulting with others who've already make the transition and talking to your agent about it. I haven't informed my agents about this because it won't alter my appearance. During this transitional phase, my hair will need some extra attention which I am committed to giving it. I've quickly turned into a product junkie but I've also learned some awesome beauty tips and techniques along the way.
Use This
Through some extensive research I've quickly learned that I've wasted so much money on unnecessary hair products. I've learned that I should be mixing extra virgin olive oil and honey into my favorite conditioner to really penetrate the hair. I've also learned that our hair loves water. When buying products look for water based ones that list aqua/water as the first main ingredient on the label. Our hair loves olive oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil.
Avoid This
No matter how you are currently wearing your hair, you want to stay away from products that contain paraben and also sodium laureth sulfate. Both of these ingredients are bad and will seriously dry out and damage your hair. I didn't know this and the majority of your beauty products contain these ingredients. Do yourself a favor and go through your beauty cabinet and get rid of this stuff immediately. To read more about this ingredients click here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_lauryl_sulfate and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraben
Healthy Choice
Ultimately the choice is yours. Make the right one for you and your lifestyle. Your hair can take a beating in the modeling industry. I think this is why a lot of women choice to wear the weaves so it's less damage on their hair. This may or may not be true in the long run. Even if you braid your own hair and get a sew-in, you can't neglect it. It still has to be properly washed and conditioned. In my opinion, a lot of women get lazy and rely on the wigs and weaves. They look good on the outside but underneath their hair is a mess.
Decision
When I expressed my intent on going natural I got why from everyone. It is a decision that I made and will not have a negative impact on my modeling career. It is not the popular one in our society but I don't care what others think. We all have one life to live and I choose to live mine as healthy as I possibly can. Choose wisely and be smart.
For more information about this and how to successfully get into modeling and get the honest answers to all of your questions, visit http://modelmagic.wordpress.com/ today. Make sure you sign up to receive instant notification of new posts. Thank You
Tracy Hogan is a professional model and educator with over 15 years of experience in the modeling industry. She has taught modeling classes at a national modeling school as well as scouted talent for them. Tracy specializes in print, commercial, hair, promotional, runway and free-lance modeling.
Think of her as your agent, without the agency fee. You can also follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/model_magic
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tracy_Hogan

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5725879

No comments:

Post a Comment